Oct 7th, 2010
Show Some Doggie Love!
From the country pup to the city pooch, dogs in shelters everywhere are washing up and brushing down to look their very best for Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog month. Maybe you’re a superhero (to be) looking for a canine sidekick, or in dire need for a guard dog to keep those deer away from your tomato plants. Whatever the reason, look no further than your local animal shelter for a new companion.
As Christopher Morley so famously said, “No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as a dog does.” You’ll hear countless stories from all over about dogs providing therapy, saving lives, and providing love, loyalty, support and companionship to their owners. But only one out of every ten dogs born ever finds a permanent home.
If you’ve already adopted, then you are one step ahead of the rest! Here are 5 great reasons to adopt a shelter dog, inspired by celebri-dogs worldwide. What are your guesses?
1) They could be the next pop sensation.
2) On the days you’re too tired for Poker Night, send in the back up.
3) They will keep your family’s baked bean recipe a secret – as long as you can keep an eye on them.
4) You’ll always have an extra player for basketball.
5) They can take you on a storybook adventure. We hear they’re great storytellers, and they like to dress up too.
What’s your favorite breed?